Unfortunately, there is no formal manual for CELT yet. However, you can find some information about it:
- The README file distributed with libcelt
- On Jean-Marc Valin's blog
- The celt-codec.org presentations page
The CELT API Reference Manual provides information on programming with libcelt.
The first paper describes version 0.3.2 of the codec, while the second describe the low-complexity mode of version 0.5.1. While there are minor differences with the current version (mostly with the bit allocation), most of the paper is still valid.
- J.-M. Valin, T. B. Terriberry, C. Montgomery, G. Maxwell, A High-Quality Speech and Audio Codec With Less Than 10 ms delay, To appear in IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, 2009.
- J.-M. Valin, T. B. Terriberry, G. Maxwell, A Full-Bandwidth Audio Codec with Low Complexity and Very Low Delay, Proc. EUSIPCO, 2009 (slides).